This course on ESD for analog circuits has six lessons and two laboratories on simulation of ESD circuit protection. Also two lessons are included on how to use Electric for building schematics and NGSPICE for simulation.
The six lesson on ESD for analog circuits are:
- Lesson 1 - ESD models and methods
- Lesson 2 - ESD clamps
- Lesson 3 - ESD output circuit protection
- Lesson 4 - ESD input circuit protection
- Lesson 5 - Simulation of ESD clamps using a SPICE-like simulator
- Lesson 6 - ESD systems protection and tools
The two laboratories illustrate how to use ESD snapback clamp models to simulate ESD output and input protection. These labs are:
- Lesson 7 - Lab01: Simulation of ESD output protection circuits
- Lesson 8 - Lab02: Simulation of ESD input protection circuits
The two optional lessons are for those who are not familiar with using Electric and NGSPICE (and Symprobe) available using the tools provided by Efabless.
- Lesson 9 - How to use Electric
- Lesson 10 - How to use NGSPICE and Symprobe
After completing the lessons of this course the student will have the capability of designing and simulating ESD protection of analog circuits that work as predicted.